The component sends a text to the user with attached buttons.
- Functions →
- Configuring the сomponent →
- Maximum number of buttons →
- Character limit in buttons →
- Maximum text length →
- The use of links →
1. Transition to screens.
2. Switching to an external URL.
3. Sending GET and POST requests.
4. Writing the button text or other value into a variable.
Configuring the сomponent
1. Create a screen and drag Buttons component to it.
2. Fill in the text field. This text will be above the buttons.
3. Click on the Add button.
4. In Button title field enter the text of the button.
5. Set up the button transition by selecting the desired screen from the drop-down list.
6. To follow the link, select External URL. Place a link to go to an external resource. Switching to an external URL is supported only by Telegram, Viber and VK.
To save the bot correctly, make sure that all buttons that do not have a transition to external URL have screens set up to follow the button.
7. Check the Ability to send a request to send a request via the button. Add the necessary request parameters in the drop-down settings.
8. If you select Do not execute answer Call back Query for Telegram, users will be able to respond to inline button clicks via a native Telegram request on their own.
9. If you fill in Variable Name, the button text will be written into this variable.
After that, you can add Variable Value — instead of the button text, the value you set will be written into the variable.
You can write both regular and nested variables in the buttons.
Nested variables in the Users section appear as follows:
Nested variables are written in buttons as follows:
10. "Record variables in templates" pins variables and request data to a specific button at the time of sending variables.
If you enable this property, the variables that were passed with the buttons will be automatically substituted into the component when the user receives the buttons, even if the data had been passed before the user received the buttons.
If the property is disabled, data from variables will be inserted into the component only at the moment when the bot user clicks the button, rather than at the time when the component is being sent. In other words, the information will be updated only when the user clicks on the button, and not when you submit the entire form or the whole component.
This property is configured for each button individually.
11. To add another button, click on Add button.
12. To add a button to a row, click on Add button to this row.
Maximum number of buttons
Telegram — 100 buttons.
Facebook — 3 buttons.
Instagram — 3 buttons.
Viber — 24 buttons.
VK — 6 buttons.
Odnoklassniki — 100 buttons.
Character limit in buttons
Telegram allows to use 35 characters on the button including spaces. If there are more characters, Telegram cuts out a piece of text in the middle and inserts an ellipsis.
Facebook cuts the text which is longer than 23 characters and inserts an ellipsis.
Viber allows you to add a lot of characters to buttons. Note that a large text is transferred to a new line, and part of the text can't be visible, and part of it can move to the next button.
VK allows to use up to 40 characters with spaces, if there are more characters, the buttons can't be sent.
There can be 42 characters in Odnoklassniki, the platform will cut off the rest and insert ellipsis.
Maximum text length
Telegram, Odnoklassniki, VK and WhatsApp (Pact) support 4096 characters in Latin and Cyrillic, regardless of the number of buttons and the length of the text in them.
Viber supports 7000 characters in Latin and a maximum of 5700 characters in Cyrillic. If the text is written in Latin, it does not depend on the number of buttons and the length of the text in them. If the text is written in Cyrillic, each button "eats" 21-24 characters from the default text + the number of characters in the button text. The more buttons you have, the less text you can send.
Facebook offers a characters limit of 640 in Latin or Cyrillic, regardless of the number of buttons and the length of the text in them. If there are more characters, the message will not arrive (a Facebook restriction).
Characters limit in WhatsApp (Edna) is 4096 characters, they include: the text + phrase "Answer options:" with line breaks (it eats 19 characters) + the buttons (each button with 1 character eats 5 characters − a line break, "1.", the text of the button). The more buttons you have, the less text you can send.
The use of links
The links in the Buttons component work on the following platforms − Telegram, Viber, VK, Odnoklassniki.