Buttons with hints
The component sends the user a text and buttons attached to the keyboard that allow you to select one of the answer options without typing it on the keyboard.
Appearance of the buttons
1. The transition to the screens in conjunction with Fork component.
2. A phone number request.
3. A geoposition request.
Configuring the сomponent
1. Create a screen and drag Buttons with hints component on it.
2. Fill in the Text field — this text will be above the buttons and the input line.
3. Add the desired number of buttons that will be one under the other. To add a new button, click Add button.
4. In Button title field enter the text that will be visible on the button.
5. To add a button to a row, click Add button to this row. You can add one or more rows of buttons.
6. To switch to other screens, you need to use Fork component.
7. Each Fork goal will send the user to the screen specified in this goal, which is set up in Transition field from the drop-down list of screens.
8. The text in Value field must completely match the text on the button.
9. You can request a user contact with Share contact type button, in this case, you need to choose Contact type in the Fork goal.
10. Using Share location type button, you can request user geo-location, then select the Geolocation type in the Fork in this goal. When selecting the Location data type to request a geolocation, two variables are formed in Users — latitude (lastUpdate.parsed.location.lat) and longitude (lastUpdate.parsed.location.long). If you do not overwrite these values in other variables, the geolocation will be lost when the user sends the next message.
11. If the user writes something to the bot instead of clicking the button, you can configure Default goal in Fork component. Then the user will see the same screen with buttons again. To do this, in the settings, write the text that will be sent to the user and specify the same screen (or, if necessary, another one) for the transition.
12.How to hide Buttons with hints.
On some devices, the Buttons with hints on Telegram may not be hidden after pressing, or a keyboard may appear.
The best way around this feature of Telegram is to put Message component after Button with hints component with the disabled checkbox "Do not hide keyboard buttons".
If other components with buttons go further according to the scenario, you need to replace them with Buttons with hints.
Maximum number of buttons
Telegram — 100 rows of buttons. If you add several buttons in a row, the total number of buttons can be 300.
Facebook — 11 buttons.
Instagram — 13 buttons.
Viber — 24 rows of buttons. If you add several buttons in a row, the total number of buttons can be 100.
VK — 6 buttons.
Odnoklassniki — 100 buttons.
Character limit in buttons
On Facebook and Instagram, the text on the button is limited to 1000 characters. If there are more characters, the component will not come. But in any case, a large text will be cut off by Facebook after 1-2 words, so the buttons on Facebook should be made short.
On Vkontakte, the text on the button is limited to 40 characters. If there are more characters, the component will not come.
The button on Telegram and Viber platforms has no restrictions on the length of the text, but cuts the text that does not fit on the button with a colon.
On WhatsApp and Odnoklassniki, buttons come along with the text as answer options, so they are limited in length by the length of the text itself (4096 characters for Odnoklassniki and more than 14,000 characters for WhatsApp).
Get user's contact and geolocation
In Telegram, getting a contact works both on a desktop and on a mobile device. Geolocation works only on a mobile device.
In Facebook, you can only get a contact.
In Viber, getting a contact works both on a desktop and on a mobile device. Geolocation works only on a mobile device.
In VK, you can get geolocation through component Buttons with hints for VK. The user can also attach geolocation via VK interface by clicking on the paper clip icon and selecting "Map". You can't get a contact.