- How to create new bot →
- How to change the name of the bot →
- How to add a bot description →
- How to add the bot's about info →
- How to add userpic →
- How to make a Telegram menu →
- Description Picture →
- How to add Web App to the bot menu →
How to create new bot
Telegram bots are created and configured using the official @BotFather bot.
1. Open the @BotFather bot in Telegram.
2. Enter the command /newbot.
3. Set a name for your new bot. The name of your bot is displayed in its contact details and elsewhere.
4. Create a username and submit it.
The username is a short name, to be used in mentions and telegram.me links. Usernames are 5-32 characters long and are case insensitive, but may only include Latin characters, numbers, and underscores. Your bot's username must end in "bot", e.g. "tetris_bot" or "TetrisBot".
5. For the bot to work, it needs to be connected to Botmother. Copy the received token and paste it into the builder on the Settings page. Do not forget to save.
While the bot is working through Botmother, the received token can only be used in our service. If you connect the token of a bot running on our platform to another service, the bot may stop working or work unstable, and users may be blocked from sending broadcasts.
The active checkbox "Protect the content in the whole bot" will not allow you to forward or save content from all of the following components at once: Video, Message, Image, Gallery, Dynamic Buttons, Document, Audio, Buttons. For individual components, protection can be removed in the component settings using the " Protect content" checkbox.
If you lose the token, enter the command /token. To generate a new one, enter the command /revoke.
How to change the name of the bot
1. Open the @BotFather bot in Telegram and enter the command /setname.
2. Select a bot whose name you want to change.
3. Enter the new name of your bot and send it.
How to add a bot description
The bot's description is short text of up to 512 characters, describing your bot. Users will see this text at the beginning of the conversation with the bot, titled "What can this bot do?".
1. Open the @BotFather bot in Telegram and enter the command /setdescription.
2. Select a bot whose description you want to change.
3. Enter a new description for your bot (maximum 512 characters) and send it.
How to add the bot's about info
About info is an even shorter text of up to 120 characters. Users will see this text on the bot's profile page. When they share your bot with someone, this text is sent together with the link.
1. Open the @BotFather bot in Telegram and enter the command /setabouttext.
2. Select a bot whose about info you want to change.
3. Enter the new about info text (maximum 120 characters) and send it.
How to add userpic
1. Open the @BotFather bot in Telegram and enter the command /setuserpic.
2. Select the bot whose userpic you want to change.
3. Send the bot a photo as a picture. If you send it as a file, @BotFather will send an error.
How to make a Telegram menu
If you want to make a bot menu for Telegram, you need to configure it via the @BotFather bot.
1. Open the @BotFather bot in Telegram and enter the command /setcommands.
2. Select the bot for which you are making the menu.
3. Send the bot commands as:
command1 - Description1
command2 - Description2
where command = command name (maximum 32 characters), and Description = name of the command in the builder.
The name of the screen will fall into the description of the command and will be visible to users, so rename the screens according to the command.
4. Go to your bot in Telegram and type "/" without sending.
People will see Description Picture when they open a chat with your bot, in a block titled "What can this bot do?".
1. Open the @BotFather bot in Telegram and select the bot you want to add a description picture to.
2. Click Edit Bot, then Edit Description Picture.
3. Upload a description photo for the bot, 640x360 pixels. Or a GIF, 320x180 pixels. Use /empty to remove the current picture.
How to add Web App to the bot menu
Web App in the bot menu is used for quick navigation to the Web App page anywhere in the bot, no matter what the scenario is.
1. Open @BotFather bot in Telegram, use /mybots command to select the bot to which you want to add Web
App to the main menu.
2. Press Bot Settings, then Menu Button and Configure menu button.
3. Send the bot the URL that will open when you click on the menu button. /empty command will remove the web app from the menu.
4. Send the bot the title that will be displayed on the button. /empty command will delete the header.
You can use the widget link to your service support as the URL that opens when Web App is opened.
For example, for Chatra service, the link will be something like this:
This method will also help with widgets of other similar services.