Telegram bots are created and configured using the official @BotFather bot.
1. Open the @BotFather bot in Telegram.
2. Enter the command /newbot.
3. Set a name for your new bot. The name of your bot is displayed in its contact details and elsewhere.
4. Create a username and submit it.
The username is a short name, to be used in mentions and telegram.me links. Usernames are 5-32 characters long and are case insensitive, but may only include Latin characters, numbers, and underscores. Your bot's username must end in "bot", e.g. "tetris_bot" or "TetrisBot".
5. For the bot to work, it needs to be connected to Botmother. Copy the received token and paste it into the builder on the Settings page. Do not forget to save.
If you lose the token, enter the command /token. To generate a new one, enter the command /revoke.
1. Open the @BotFather bot in Telegram and enter the command /setname.
2. Select a bot whose name you want to change.
3. Enter the new name of your bot and send it.
The bot's description is short text of up to 512 characters, describing your bot. Users will see this text at the beginning of the conversation with the bot, titled "What can this bot do?".
1. Open the @BotFather bot in Telegram and enter the command /setdescription.
2. Select a bot whose description you want to change.
3. Enter a new description for your bot (maximum 512 characters) and send it.
About info is an even shorter text of up to 120 characters. Users will see this text on the bot's profile page. When they share your bot with someone, this text is sent together with the link.
1. Open the @BotFather bot in Telegram and enter the command /setabouttext.
2. Select a bot whose about info you want to change.
3. Enter the new about info text (maximum 120 characters) and send it.
1. Open the @BotFather bot in Telegram and enter the command /setuserpic.
2. Select the bot whose userpic you want to change.
3. Send the bot a photo as a picture. If you send it as a file, @BotFather will send an error.
If you want to make a bot menu for Telegram, you need to configure it via the @BotFather bot.
1. Open the @BotFather bot in Telegram and enter the command /setcommands.
2. Select the bot for which you are making the menu.
3. Send the bot commands as:
command1 - Description1
command2 - Description2
where command = command name (maximum 32 characters), and Description = name of the command in the builder.
The name of the screen will fall into the description of the command and will be visible to users, so rename the screens according to the command.
4. Go to your bot in Telegram and type "/" without sending.